Saturday, February 11, 2012

I'm a weiner, I mean winner!

So, my friend Monica and I joined the Austin Modern Quilt Guild this past week.  We went to our first meeting where we listened to Heather Grant lecture on "Modern Quilting: Philosophy or Aesthetic?"  It was very informative I must say.  The meeting was held at the offices of www.formandfabric.com.  Great online store and the place was awesome, tons of fabulous fabrics all around us!

After the lecture, they had a give away.  Little did we know, Laurie Wisbrun is also a member of the guild.  That's the same lady who designed the Tufted Tweets and Modern Whimsy lines for Robert Kaufman!  Well, she had a bunch of fat quarter bundles of her new line Brr! in both the red and green and the red and turquoise lines for the giveaway.  Guess who got one?!  ME!!  This stuff isn't being released until June she said, so excited that I got my paws on some before that!


I need to get some coordinating Kona solids and I plan to make this with it!  I think it will show off the fabrics perfectly!


No comments:

Post a Comment