Thursday, February 2, 2012

February Stash Bee block finished

This is month two of Stash Bee  and Samantha is our queen bee.  She chose an awesome pineapple block.  I had never made one but always wanted to.  I'm glad I did but I think I'm over it, by that I mean, that I am glad I tried it but thank God that I don't have to make a whole quilt of it myself!!!

I dove into my stash and quickly found out I do not have many blacks or reds at all.  But I did have enough reds to have a good variety and I used solid blacks with the two black prints I had.  The solid black helped calm it down which I like anyway.  I'm happy with how it came out.  I also made a signature block which is made out of the very inside black fabric (glad I used it on such small parts or the white would have been too much. 


2 comments:

  1. I love it! The very worst part for me was so much pressing and trimming. Time consuming! When I make more of these after I get all of them from my Hive mates I'll chain piece them and have my daughter press for me, that will cut the time down a lot.

    I think you did a lovely block and I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I've never tried a pineapple block either. It looks like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete