Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Treasures found

The Mr. is heading back out of town for work, so tonight we went to Walmart to pick up a few things for him.  While there I checked out the sewing things, I won't buy fabric there but discount notions rock!  I got an awesome 4.5 inch ruler and I got some new replacement needles for my machine.  I've never had to buy new needles for a machine and don't know what I'm looking at it turns out!  What do you all use for needles?  I also picked up a few oldies but goodies in the $5 movie bin! 

5 comments:

  1. I remember The Money Pit! I used to watch that with my grandma all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, you'll have movies to watch while you're home alone! i always check on the $5 videos at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy the Schmetz brand needles like what you bought. We have the same thing in common....husbands that travel so much. We've been married for awhile so I'm used to it but it does get old. I'm in hive #1 with you in the Stash Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheap needles rock! I like the needles from Superior, but you have to order online, so I rarely get them. My LQS sells Klasse for buy 3 get 1 free, so that's what I buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! You do all this sewing and don't buy new needles constantly? How can this be? I change mine out all the time. Makes a huge difference in how things sew up--especially for quilting. But I also change mine out for different fabric weights, too, so maybe I'm just anal. I order mine on Amazon because I never remember to pick up another pack when I'm out and about.

    ReplyDelete