Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I generally don't make New Years Resolutions because usually within a week I've forgotten them.  This year I still didn't want to make any resolutions but I did want to come up with a few things that I'd like to change. (Sounds like a resolution to me but I swear its not!)  I wanted to pick up after myself.  I keep my house very clean but I am notorious for leaving things around like cups on the tables in the living room, opened maile on the kitchen counter, make up all over the bathroom vanity etc.  This has been going very well for me.  Next, I wanted to finish things I had started.  This weekend I have finished a quilt top: 

I sewed up the stuffing hole in this pillow which has been stuffed since before Halloween.


And I made the pillow out of this embroidery for the Mr. 


This does need to be stuffed still because I thought I had an extra pack of stuffing out in the garage but I was wrong.  So, will have to run to Joanne's tomorrow to get some so I can finish it. 

It turns out that I really enjoy finishing things!  I need to keep this up. 


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic finishes! Doesn't it feel good? I'll get you templates in the mail tomorrow, so you can start another new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love the bigfoot. That's hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love that big foot cushion! Great reading about your intention to finish things - impressive inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes, Sara! :o) Just popped over from FNSI. I am a new follower. Nice to *meet* you.
    xo
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete