Saturday, December 10, 2011

Friday Night Sew In

I don't know about you but I have been madly sewing to get everything done for Christmas.  Yesterday I completed a set of bottle cap coasters.  (I took pictures of the process and am considering making a tutorial but am not sure.  Should I or is it old news how to make these?) 





I also completed a drawstring bag for the family white elephant swap.  We play poker most weekends and most of us use a Crown Royal bag to carry our change in.  I thought it would be fun to make a custom bag for the swap. 



I also made a Christmas stocking for my niece Tasha.  The Mr.'s family has a tradition of swapping filled stockings.  Usually we just buy a semi cheep one and go on but this year I decided to make mine for my partner.  It came out pretty good but got so bulky at the top that I was scared I'd break yet another needle (I only have one extra left) so I skipped the inside lining.  I'm hoping it won't matter too much. 



Happy Sewing! 
Sara

3 comments:

  1. It's all really cute! Love the fabric on that drawstring bag too and the stocking is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stocking is adorable! I love the points, sorry to hear they ate some needles. I'm hoping for some needles in my stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful stuff! I think you should do a tutorial on the bottle cap trivet. It would be helpful to more than one (me)
    Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Blondie

    ReplyDelete