Sunday, December 4, 2011

Another finish!

Today was a productive day for me.  I made two pairs of pajama bottoms as Christmas gifts and finished my Birdie Stitches BOM quilt. This quilt has twelve hand embroidered birdie scenes and four machine embroidered blocks with special messages in them.  This quilt will be a gift for my sister for Christmas this year.  She graduated from high school in June and is in her third phase of cosmetology school.  Each school name is on a block.  As is her nick name from me "Chicken" and a special message from me to her!  I mailed four of the blocks to Connecticut where my Aunt Sue did the machine work for me.  This is a gift of love and has already traveled many miles!  I sure hope she enjoys it, I know the Mr. enjoyed breaking it in for her!  Pictures below are of the finished quilt and each block.  Plus a couple fun ones of the Mr. cuddling with it! 

















4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Sara! She will love it. And it's important that it was quality tested for coziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I bet that feels so good to have finished! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is that? I love the photos too :)I think I might just have to join in on one of these BOM quilts in 2012.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your birdie stitches quilt. The colors are gorgeous, and what a lucky fellow to be able to cuddle up in it!! Thanks for answering my question on the the block swap blog. I did not know that Joann's would honor Hobby Lobby coupons.... a great new thing to know!!!!

    ReplyDelete