Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pretty Little Pouch Swap

I have joined the Pretty Little Pouch Swap on flickr.com.  My partner said she likes certain colors... (don't want to give too much away incase by some chance she might read this!)  Well, the colors she mentioned are not colors I tend to go for and buy.  Needless to say I was stuck without much for inspiration.  Then, last weekend I went out of town for the Mr's family reunion.  Of course I had to go to the local quilt store which I had heard a lot about.  I found a wonderful fabric that has blue, grey and turquoise dandilion puffs on it.  I fell in love with it and bought it for my swap partner (along with lots of other goodies!)  Once I had that fat quarter I was back to being stumped.  What to do with it?  Well, I was looking at one of my favorite blogs that I  follow: http://alamodefabric.blogspot.com/  She has some amazing posts and a lovely tutorial for a cathedral window block.  Ta da!  Immediately I knew what I was going to do!  Don't you just love those moments when lightning strikes!?

Here is my pile of supplies: 


And here is what I created! 


I sure hope she likes it!

2 comments:

  1. Well I like it if that counts for anything! I love the dandelion puffs fabric. And I've never tried a cathedral window yet. A small project like might be what I need in order to overcome my fear. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sunny, if you go to that site I linked there is a great tutorial. It's much easier to make than you'd think but it takes a TON of fabric. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete