Tonight was one of those nights where you're not quite sure if you should just chuck the whole thing in the trash. I found this gorgeous block tutorial and just had to try it. The instructions seemed easy enough but of course I didn't read them completely. I of course ended up using my best friend the seam ripper quite a bit consequently. About 3 hours later (at least it seemed that long) I was finished. There are quite a few seams and lines that don't line up perfectly but for a first try on a mind bender of a pattern I think I did pretty damned well! Not sure if I'm going to attempt this again or not. I will have to sleep on it to decide if I'm going to make one for myself in reds, whites and blues for my 4th of July quilt.
Oh heck, I haven't slept on it and I know I'll end up making another tomorrow!